Kerala Club had helped Farmers In Outskirts of Chennai!
Kerala Club of Detroit had organized an emergency Chennai relief fund drive, kick started during the Christmas celebrations on December 5th, 2015 to help people in the outskirts of Chennai, where minimal relief aids has reached.
- Kerala Club helped farmers from Umipedu village which is 60 km away from Chennai City.
- KC identified the most affected farmers from around 40 families in Umipedu village.
- Due to heavy rains, crops are completely ruined and most families have no means of comig back to their normal lives, without providing aid.
- Estimated cost to do cutlivation of a 1 acre land was around Rs 50,000.
- Cultivation started from second week of Feebruary 2016 and full process completed in 6 months.
- Funds was distributed through direct contacts of the Club (No middle party or organization), in installments and progress was monitored in each phase of cultivation.